Why value a work in money?
Sometimes we receive works in inheritance of which we do not know absolutely everything, or it has been so long since we acquired a work that we do not know the value it can have in the present.
Having an idea of the approximate value of a work is very useful information in different scenarios:
- To insure a work and / or collection
- To value an inheritance
- In buying and selling operations
- For the management and valuation of inventories
- As information to perform an official appraisal *
* A valuation report is not an official valuation, but official valuations are based on valuation reports.
How do we calculate the value of a work?
The value of a painting in the future, like any investment in art, is unknown, but its value in the present can be estimated based on different elements:
- Artistic value of the work (base)
- State of the work
- Comparative evaluations of work carried out by international galleries
- Economic estimate calculated based on the equilibrium point between supply and demand
- Price update based on the CPI
- Availability to find similar works
- Curriculum and career of the artist
Are you interested in evaluating your work?
For us to value your work is to answer several questions: how much would we buy it? What price would our customers be willing to pay?
If you are interested in evaluating your work you must follow the following steps:
Register the work and obtain the certificate of authenticity in case you do not have it.
Request a valuation report by writing to email@example.com